Wow, talk about a struggle. I even told Matt yesterday I still had to write a blog post, but then I didn't :)
So yesterday, we went up to my parents' house after church to pick up my sewing machine. Nolan's friend couldn't fix it :( which means I have to pay Sears to do that, but it's okay. Dad's eye is still giving him grief, so we hung out with them for the afternoon. Nolan made BBQ roast that was pretty tasty, and we stayed for dinner. It was nice spending the afternoon with my family, especially because Dad and Gloria have been in New Mexico for the last while. I'm grateful they are close by again :)
I'm also grateful for my step-family. Saturday night, Makayla sent a text out for family fasting and prayers for Dad's eye. Sunday he wasn't feeling well at all, and he could see blood. We didn't know if blood was just moving when the bubble was shrinking, or if something serious happened. He and Mom went to the doctor this morning, and he said things look good, so it was probably just some blood that had been trapped. Yay for prayers :)
Also on Sunday evening, we met with the planning committee for the Christmas Party. I'm so grateful we get to help out with the party planning! I'm really excited to put on an awesome program for the ward, and for less active, inactive, non-members who may come to the party. (While we're all helping with all aspects, Matt and I, along with the Butlers, are taking point for the program. I'm rather excited :))
The bishopric wants to omit Santa and bring the focus back to the true meaning of Christmas. The Butlers (who are the committee chairs) had a cute little poem thing about different Christmas symbols entitled Santa Whispered, "Teach the Children." We talked about expounding on the different symbols, so I looked it up online because it seemed it had to come from a more fleshed out story, the way their handout was. I found three versions, and I really like the idea of Santa being the one to refocus on Christ - that it isn't about Santa himself. Now I just have to convince Brother Trotter on Sunday :) Anyway, be sure you'll see pictures and hear more about that over the next few weeks (party is on the 10th). I'm just grateful for the opportunity to participate and get to know some other ward members through this temporary calling :)
This entry was posted
on Monday, November 14, 2011
at Monday, November 14, 2011
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
