More Frightful Festivities  

Posted by Amber

I love alliteration :)  Anyway, on Sunday, Oct. 30th, we had a Wilson Halloween party.  We went over after church and enjoyed catching up with family and eating yummy dinner and spooky desserts.  We also watched an old production of Dracula.  It was painful, truly.  Matt and I left pretty early, though, because we were tired.  (Yes, Mocha went to this party too - she is loved.) 

 Matt went to the party as a nerd :)
He makes an awfully cute one, don't you think? :)

Before we left, we had to stop for a photo op with my cousin Benjamin.  He was recently baptised and I spoke on the Holy Ghost.  I gave him a white, fuzzy blanket to be his Holy Ghost blanket, to remind him that he can be comforted by the Holy Ghost.  Apparently it is now his favorite blanket, and he sleeps with it every night, so David and Edna wanted to get a picture of us with Benjamin and the blanket.  It was cute :)

On Halloween itself, I had requested the day off so I could hand out candy.  I ended up working from home from 12 to 6 instead, mostly because my boss was en route back to Utah, so someone had to make sure stuff got done :)  I was kind of hoping we would make it over to the corn maze, but we didn't :\  Maybe they'll put it on again next year?  Matt and I enjoyed the night in and watched lots of Star Trek: Next Generation.  We did have some trick-or-treaters, which made me happy. :)  We still didn't get a ton, though.  Around 9:30 or 10, I asked Matt if he thought we'd get any teenagers out and about as it got later.  We didn't.  I'm not gonna lie - the fact that trick-or-treating is dying out makes me uber sad.  Oh well, it was a great excuse to take some time off of work and hang out with my hubby :)
(No, I didn't dress up again on Halloween, although I thought about it.  With working from home, I'm pretty sure I stayed in my pjs the whole day - it was awesome :))

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at Tuesday, November 08, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment