A Plethora of Parties  

Posted by Amber

I enjoy alliteration.  Can you tell? :)

Halloween weekend was packed with stuff to do.  Not only that, but I sewed costumes for me and Mocha! (As a side note, witch hats suck and I fail at sewing without a pattern :))  Unfortunately, my sewing machine stopped working appropriately.  Fortunately, I have an awesome mother-in-law who let me use her machine :)

I decided Mocha would make a cute witch, but I didn't like a lot of the dog costumes for sale, and then I really didn't want to buy one either :)  I bought some fabric and made her a little hat and cape.  I finished on Sunday, the 16th, and just had to put it on her to see how it looked :)

 She was less than enthused

But she got over it :)

I was nervous about the skirt I made (courtesy Pinterest again :)) because I wasn't positive it would fit.  However, after many hours, sewing machine issues (both of them), and one broken needle, it was finally finished, and it FIT!  (Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pics of myself as Taylor because Matt was sick on the 29th.  These were just snapped really quick before leaving for the Hadfield party in Grantsville.)


So like I just mentioned, we had a Hadfield Halloween party at Brian and Melody's in Grantsville.  I made some of the treats I didn't get to for the Black Cat Soirée to take up, but Matt was sick.  I eventually decided to leave him home and Mocha and I drove up by ourselves, much to Matt's uncle John's dismay :)  It was also Susan and Joe's Utah wedding reception, so Mocha and I only stayed a couple of hours, but it was super fun to visit with family and see everyone's fun costumes, and of course, eat yummy food!
 I ♥ Pinterest! Oreo spiders
 These were a HUGE hit and went oh-so-fast!  Well, except the chocolate licorice legs anyway :)
 Witch Hat cookies, courtesy of Pinterest
The gang playing Trick or Treat
 Alison had to walk like Frankenstein :)
When we first walked in , we found out Paisley was also a witch.  I'm sure Melody has a much better picture of the two canine witches together, however, here is cute Paisley :)


On our way back home, we stopped in Springville to attend Susan and Joe's wedding reception.  I left Mocha in the car (poor thing) with food (she didn't get into it) and headed inside.  I chatted with my band peeps for a little bit and then we were off to home. 

After resting all day, Matt had gone to the Healey Halloween party, mostly because he was obligated to as Shades of Brown was playing.  He texted me wanting me to bring the Mocha witch, so we stopped at home for a brief minute and then headed down to Santaquin for a little bit.  We got there in time to hear the band play Silver Spoon and then we hung out for a bit.  Everyone loved Mocha's costume.  (Okay, mostly they love Mocha, but liked her outfit too.)  After not too long, we headed back home to finally rest!

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 5, 2011 at Saturday, November 05, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment