Thankful Third  

Posted by Amber

Yesterday as I was driving to work, I began to realize what a good idea it is to write down something you're thankful for every day.  If you're always looking for something to be thankful for, you'll find it and more.  Then how do I pick one to share with you today?  Plus, it sure is hard to be upset, angry, or sad when you're focused on gratitude.

Okay, here are two things I was thankful for on my way to work yesterday: hawks and Owl City.

I love hawks.  I think they're awesome.  I love that they perch on power poles.  When I find a hawk, I'm always so excited :)  I like to count how many I can find on the way to work. (I think there were only four yesterday.)

I also love Owl City.  (Remember this post about the concert? That's an understatement ;))  Whenever I hear his music, I can't help but smile. :)  I listened to All Things Bright and Beautiful yesterday in the car.  I love this album because most every song speaks to his testimony of the Lord.  From reading his blog, I know he's an awesome Christian, and I love that he can share that in a way that isn't overbearing or like he's using his fame as a way to push an agenda.  He's just out there, doing his things, sharing his blessings, and trying to live the best way he knows how.  Such an example. :)  Anyway, I leave you with vids from the concert this past July.

(Obviously I don't own the rights to the music - those belong to Adam :) ) Oh, and sorry the quality is so poor :\

Fireflies
Galaxies


This entry was posted on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at Thursday, November 03, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment