Proof  

Posted by Amber

That my last title was correct.  Posting daily is apparently super hard!

So today, I am thankful for overtime.  Last night, we got slammed with work around 5pm.  I ended up working later.  Last week, I got some overtime as well.  I don't particularly like living at work (which sometimes it feels like I do), but I'm especially grateful for the opportunity this week and last because of next week.  I don't get paid holidays (lame, I know), and we aren't working Thursday or Friday next week.  We're quite broke at the moment, and Christmas is going to be a stretch.  So even though I hate working more than necessary, I'm glad I am able to for a bit to help offset the holiday next week.
 
That's another thing I'm grateful for - this Christmas, it was decided that we wouldn't do gifts at the Christiansen party.  Remember how I said we're quite broke? It's not like this was a person-to-person gift exchange.  It was entire families.  We lucked out the first couple years, getting Sharon and Greg, whose kids are grown and on their own, and then getting Tyler and Andrea, who at the time just had Kwin.  Not only was it an expensive adventure, but it was hard knowing what to do - do you do some games or movies for the whole family? Do you do individual gifts for each member of that family?  As more grandkids grow up and have their own families, it seems to be getting a little crazy.  So I'm really glad I don't have to worry about that this Christmas :)

All we really need are 3 gifts (Matt's sibling gift, and then two cousin gifts on my mom's side), and I already know what I'm doing for two of them, and they can be done rather cheaply.  I also know what I'd like to do for the parents... it will just be a matter of making sure we can afford it... And then there are the grandparents.  They may be getting a hug from us this year... Oh well.

On the plus side (that is totally unrelated) a hawk just flew past the window here at work.  I love hawks :)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at Wednesday, November 16, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment